Department of Agriculture Building, this is the southern end of the Department of Education Building. Designed by Government architect George MacRae. Made of yellow sandstone from quarries in Pyrmont, Ultimo, the Sydney CBD, Paddington, Bondi and Maroubra. The second stage was built between 1928 and 1930. The palms in the forecourt are Cabbage Tree Palms, native but not original. Great material for the early settlers and convicts who wove the sinewy fronds into straw hats.