This cemetery is located on the small beautiful Greek Island of Lemnos in the North-west Aegean, close to the Turkish mainland. In 1915 this island was used as the base for the Gallipoli campaign. Enclosed by a stone wall, it is immaculately tended by a local farmer. The cemetery was designed by Scottish architect, Sir John Burnet. Inside lie soldiers from UK (261), Australia (50), NZ (29), Newfoundland (3), and Canada (2).