Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Greengang?

Today I was in my favorite coffee shop and on the TV I could see that Sunrise was showing the Green Gang outside their studio just around the corner. I hurried around and caught their antics. They were harassing pedestrians and clowning around. Great stuff on a wet Sydney morning. Left my good camera at home (it was raining heavily) and just shot these on my old pocket Panasonic. I asked one of the group who they were and after getting the silent treatment she whispered greengang.com in my ear, I have tried Googling but only came up with a Chinese triad or a cleaning product. I now doubt if they are part of the Biennale. Any leads appreciated.

8 comments:

  1. You did a good job anyway, without your good camera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should have worn one like this today with the pouring rain!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very odd. Wonder if its something to do with Vivid, though its probably an advertising stunt. Nothing wrong with baby point and shoots, its better than not having a camera at all. I have one in my handbag all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ann, apparently it's part of the Sydney Biennale. Vivid Sydney starts on the 27th May.
    Sydney - City and Suburbs

    ReplyDelete
  5. We haven't had any rain up here and my garden is very thirsty ... I know it's been pouring in Sydney as I was there yesterday.

    I like this green gang (especially the top shot). Up here we have the green corps .. they plant trees and remove weeds.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Your feedback is welcome!