Sunday, May 16, 2010

Jessica Watson's Arrival

Today after meeting my fellow Sydney Bloggers, I decided to catch a ferry across the harbour. Amazingly it went past this following flotilla. There were hundreds of vessels following a pink yacht which belonged to a 16 year old sailor Jessica Watson. According to the news 'SOLO sailor Jessica Watson, 16, was greeted by tens of thousands of cheering Sydneysiders as she completed her historic bid to be the youngest person to sail non-stop around the world alone and unassisted.' Not a bad effort - I can hardly remember what I was doing when I was 16 (probably thinking about girls and listening to the rolling stones on my cassette recorder) but I am not sure that I could have done this.

This post is supported by boating licence

9 comments:

  1. It was a great lunch yesterday, nice to meet you guys. Bloggers Unite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a much better view than us, we spent most of the time peering into the distance through long lenses arguing over which pin prick of a boat was or wasn't hers. Not sure that I ever did see her boat, just got lots of crowd shots. Was good to meet both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have compared my shots with the shots on SMH and dont think I can pick her out in my shots. But never mind, it was a grand day out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good timing Peter and a great shot. You certainly got really close.
    Sydney - City and Suburbs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm impressed. A much better shot than any of the rest of us got.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, remarkably lucky to get the Watson's Bay ferry, uncrowded at the right time. jessica delayed her entry perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. At 16? could be a real gangster time for you.

    Beautiful water color.

    My Bangkok Through My Eyes

    ReplyDelete
  8. As J Bar said, this was great timing, I thought at first you were on your own boat. Nice photo of a memorable day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was great to meet you and fellow Sydney bloggers.How lucky for you to pass so close to the now famous teenager. Great shots.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Your feedback is welcome!