On the tracks at Glenlee looking at the impressive colonial houses left in this area about 56km to the south west of Sydney. Glenlee House was built by magistrate William Howe in 1824. It was purchased by the Macarthur Development Board in 1978 who restored it. William Howe was born in Scotland, In 1813 he joined the 1st Royal Scots Regiment as an ensign and took part in the Napoleonic wars. He left the army in 1815 and in July 1816 arrived in New South Wales as a free settler with his wife an four children. In January 1818 Lachlan Macquarie granted Howe 3000 acres which he named Glenlee.