On the grounds of St Josephs Hospital is this lovely building:
'Duncraggan Hall built by John Buchanan, of Scottish descent, who migrated to Sydney with his family in 1842. He eventually became a timber merchant and in 1883 bought land which was part of the Chisholm Estate at Auburn. On this land he built Duncraggan Hall, taking up residence in 1887. In 1892, however, he sold the Auburn property to the Sisters of Charity and to Duncraggan Hall they transferred St Joseph’s Hospital from Parramatta where it had been established in 1886 as St Joseph’s Consumptive Hospital.' Sisters of St Joseph website.